Coronavirus (COVID-19) Precautionary Measures for the Hindu Society of Greater Cincinnati
Effective immediately, all Temple events have been cancelled until further notice. The Temple will remain open with normal hours. HSGC has been monitoring the situation regarding the Coronavirus (COVID-19). The following guidelines are the preventive and precautionary measures that are being implemented by HSGC effective immediately for all the staff members, volunteers and devotees visiting your temple.
Requesting all the staff members, volunteers, and devotees to follow these measures and support your temple by the guidelines listed below until further notice.
- Theertha Prasadams or any edible prasadams will not be distributed by Priests.
- For Archana sponsors, only Aasheervachanam will be given by priests.
- Please do not bring any home made prasadams for offering in the temple and / or distribute in the temple premises.
- Please do not touch any of the Idols, Padukas, Kumkuma and Udhi in the temple.
- Kumkuma, Sandal powder or Vibhuthi will not be available to the devotees temporarily.
- Please always wash your hands with sanitizer, soap and water before entering the temple. Hand washing soap will be made available in the temple restrooms.
- Do not shake hands or hug anyone at temple or outside. Offer Namaste instead.
- If you need more information please follow the instructions in the following website: https://www.cdc.gov/handwashing/when-how-handwashing.html
- If you are sick, please do not visit the temple until you get well and/or for 14 days.
- If you recently traveled from high-risk countries, please wait for 2 weeks before you visit the temple.
- See this website for more information from CDC. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/after-travel-precautions.html
May the Almighty bless all of us to be safe and healthy.
Thank you for your continued support!
Raneshwar K. Gupta, President (513) 232-3331
Madhu Sharma, Puja Committee Chair (513) 807-5081
Hindu Society of Greater Cincinnati
For more information on the Coronavirus (COVID-19), please visit the CDC on the guidance of Faith Organizations: LINK